At first I fell in love with the sleek designs produced by Amanda Hamilton Interior Designs, with their strong contrast and bold corners, then I read the bios of the team at AHID. Amanda Hamilton and her tastemaker associate Ashley Dasent are creative, bold, active, seeking, and intelligent women, easily making me feel like entrusting them to altering the landscape of my home.
AHID offers both residential and commercial designing, but today we’re only going to focus on their residential work, as it is truly inspiring. For their commercial work, please head to their portfolio. Continue Reading →
Tonight I was procrastinating making dinner, so I waited, and waited, and waited, and snacked, and waited, and waited. But! Finally, I decided to go to the grocery store, get some local produce, and make a stir fry, and boy did it turn out good!
- To start off, I chopped my chicken and sausage into bite sized chunks, and put them into the pan to start frying with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Next I added a bunch of spices, my favorites are sesame seeds, tarragon, hot curry powder, chilies (stuff like they have at boston pizza in the shakers)
- Started the frying pan with sliced onions and garlic with some more extra virgin olive oil
- Started my rice, which is white basmati which I match the rice to water ratio(1/3 cup), plus a little more water and bring that to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes
- while this is going on, I chopped some : 1/2 green pepper, 1 carrot, 2 large mushrooms, 1 tomato, and 2/3 cup of brocolli into little bits
- after frying the meat, and its looking almost done, no more red parts, I add all the vegetables and put a top onto the dish to let it kind of steam.
- after steaming for a few minutes, I put in the onions and garlic that were frying (they should be brownish by now)
- let this simmer for a little, and voila! presto! yum. full belly.
I serve it on top of the rice and a glass of red fits the bill!
For some more great ideas check out this health website
Hope you enjoy, let me know if you’ve tried it!